Historical Architectural Review Board
Meetings are held the last Monday of every month at the Municipal Building, 250 Pond Street at 7:00 p.m. provided there are items on the agenda.
Robin Simmers Butrey - Exofficio Member
Paul Marchese, Jr., Architect
Richard Murphy, Chairperson
Janine Allan, Realtor
INFORMATION AND RECOMMENDATIONS FOR SIGNS IN HISTORIC AREAS OF BRISTOL BOROUGH
(*As taken from Borough of Bristol Zoning Ordinance)
- Signs should promote and maintain overall community beautification.*
- Every sign shall be constructed of durable materials and should be kept in good condition and repair.*
- Any sign which is dilapidated may, after notification, be removed by the Borough at the expense of the owner or lessee of the property on which it is located.*
- Internal illumination will not be permitted*
- External illumination must be shielded to not be directly visible to passersby.
Additional RequirementsA picture of the proposed sign, including size of the font and margin
The proposed maker
The proposed color (specify the lettering color and the background color)
The proposed location including the scale drawing of the building facade including the sign
A sample of any proposed artwork
A sample of the proposed font
The proposed test in full
A photo of the building facade where the sign will be located
***Additional pages may be attached. Failure to include information may result in the postponement of the meeting***
A complete application must be submitted to the review board. The application must include:
In addition to meeting the requirements of the Zoning Ordinance and application requirements, signs'..
- Match or blend with the surrounding architecture.
- Use colors of a historic palette
- Be created using wood, MDO, MDF or other durable and historic looking material (If sheet metal is used, it must be painted)
- Have lettering which is carved, cut out, hand painted, or individually mounted to the structure
- Use colors lacking in historic merit
- Detract from the building's distinguishing original qualities or character